Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ignorance is bliss???? I strongly disagree!!!

Ok, It's been over a week since I posted anything and part of that may be because I am on cloud 9 and I have caught myself daydreaming about more babies and happy thoughts like that a lot lately!   Does anyone else put off dreams and goals when you don't know what the future will bring???  I hate not having hope!  It seems like there is no fence sitting on this w/ me!  I either have hope and I am happy and excited about the future or I am sad/frustrated/grumpy that things are not going the way I had envisioned them! I am very passionate and I am a control freak!  Not  over other people, but over me, my thoughts and feelings and my life!  I HATE not having control over my future, I want it to be what I want it to be.  This is why I hate debt, working for people, time constraints/schedules, rush hour traffic and health problems.  This is why I struggled w/ getting married and why I disliked dating back when I was single.  I hate taking prescriptions or medications of any kinds because "it will make you drowsy", or "do not drive while taking this" or "don't take this while pregnant or breastfeeding", and last but not least "if you take this it may lead to high blood pressure, stuffy nose, liver damage......etc".  I have not idea why I hate parking garages...but there has to be something about them that takes away my free will!!!  ha ha!  I love the great outdoors and sleeping under the stars!  I love going to my hometown where I have no cell service!  I love my husband because he doesn't force me into some mold and expect me to do things his way or the way everyone else does it.  I love exercising because it allows me to push myself to new levels!  I love vaulted ceilings and back porches.  I love looking out at the ocean, rock climbing and hiking.  I love not wearing a watch and having no idea what time it is.  I also love learning because the more I learn, the more I am not constrained by ignorance! 


This being said here are some things I've been learning in the past few weeks (do not continue if you can't stand somewhat boring/nerdy stuff.  It is very informative though!!!):


Most Prescription drugs and over the counter (and under the counter for that matter! )medications contain one, two or even three constituents that help w/ certain things.  For example amoxicillin  contains 3 constituents that help us get over certain bacterial infections.  It is antibacterial.  Essential oils* have dozens of constituent which is why one oil may be good for so many different things!  For example lavender has hundreds of constituents which makes it antinflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitumor, antifungal, antidepressant...etc.  Which in a nutshell means it helps everything from burns to cuts to depression!  How cool is that!


The Frankincense I take* contains 90% Monoterpenes  (including myrcene and limonene) which are antitumor and anticancer constituents (as well as other things). The other 10% contains Sesuiterpenes which help oxygenate the pituitary glands and are anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic.  So instead of taking hormone regulators such as bromocriptine or cabergoline (which I can't take anyway since I want to nurse) I can take frankincense (has the highest amounts of the anti-tumor and oxygenating stuff) sandlewood, clove, lavender or any other other essential oil w/ anti-tumor constituents and it should help (and has helped me!) shrink my tumor therefore lowering my prolactin.  Not only does it do this for me, it also does it w/out the stuffy nose, nausea, higher/lower blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, depression, swelling, weight gain, vomiting, confusion, fainting, strokes, seizures, hallucinations, hives, constipation, headaches, unexplained aggression and/or unexplained desire to gamble and other side effects that you can get from Bromocriptine or Cabergoline .


*You have to be very careful where you get essential oils from. Lots of them (even those claiming to be 100% pure or therapeutic grade) are either synthetic or contain fillers, pesticides, weeds of other things that should not be in there.  These things also make them a lot less potent and may cause allergic reactions!  I did A LOT of research on this and that is why I go through doTERRA.

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for this blog. Thanks to your blog I have my own page on Pituitary Adenomas on Facebook and am starting on Frankincense oil. May I add a suggestion? It dawned on me that since the tumor is so close to the sinuses and many medicines are administered that way that I took a dab of doterra oil and put it on my finger and stuck it way up my nostrils. Yes, just like a medicine would absorb. Since the tumor is pretty much located in that area (past the sinuses) I hope I have success with that modality. I just thought of that on my own and I hope it helps. I just got diagnosed a month ago but only thing mine is doing is suppressing my cortisol levels, but they are dangerously low and possibly causing secondary Addison's disease. I wish that the tumor would dissolve on its own rather than have surgery but I've been bed-ridden for quite some time now. I do not feel well at all. My right eye was slightly affected when they did the visual field exam. My tumor is approximately 5x5 mm in size. They said it was too small to operate on? Do you think this is a correct statement? I had to push for the scan, as I suspected the tumor. Thank goodness I did! I wish you well and will continue to visit your page.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails