Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Taking Charge!

Today I took my little boy in to get his 6 months immunizations :(  It was so sad!  I hate it when he gets shots and he looks up at me with those big blue eyes as if asking why I am letting the mean lady hurt him again!  I told my hubby that it is his turn next time!  I swear even though he is only 6 months my happy sweet baby remembers the shot lady....as soon as she came in he looked very sad and got tears in his eyes.  So sad!  Anyway, we saw our family doctor to day and I asked him the question that has been on my mind for weeks.  I told him I was between obgyn doctors and that I hadn't found a new one yet.  I asked him if I needed to go through a doctor to get my prolactin tested or if I could just request it myself.  He looked at me quizzically, smiled and said, "You can get one here, no problem.  When you leave this room, go straight and you will see the sign that says "Lab" and they will do it for you." It made me feel very in control of my future and I liked it!  I'm thinking I don't need an obgyn, I can do this on my own.....then again, a lab is one thing and an MRI may be another :)  I figure if I pay for it, I should be able to tell them when to jump and how high, right???  I asked the lady taking my blood when I could expect the results.  She said in a day or two. As soon as they come in the doc will sign them and they'll be in the mail!  So nice!!! With my last doc I had to call and call and call and finally go in to get any of my results and ask for a copy and pick it up from somewhere else!  I like this new sense of empowerment that I received today!  From now on IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DO IT MY WAY OR IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO I WILL PAY SOMEONE ELSE!
So, look for lab results in a few days and cross your fingers that they are good!!!

1 comment:

  1. "I figure if I pay for it, I should be able to tell them when to jump and how high, right???"


    YES!!!

    HELL YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails