Friday, January 29, 2010

Putting the cart before the horse is not always a bad thing!

So, I have a plan....but no doctor!  I figure that's ok because I will make sure any doctor I go to will follow my regimine and will see that I am my own advocate and that they (or their staff) will not try to take advantage of me or my family in any way, shape or form!   My plan is as follows:
-Continue to nurse until April 6th. (Baby will be 8 months old)
-Continue taking Vitex but decrease amount I take as it should be built up in my system.
-Go to my new doctor in a 2 weeks (if I can find one by then) and have my prolactin tested.
-See if my levels have improved since taking vitex
-Do a field of vision test in 2 weeks to make sure there is no urgency in my plan to quit nursing.
-Start using essential oils.
-Have another prolactin test in April before I quit nursing.
-Have another MRI around then too.
If my prolactin and MRI look good and show a decreased prolactin level and shrinking tumor I will continue on my vitex/essential oil regiman.  If not, I will probably go on cabergoline and see if that helps.  I've decided surgery is my last option! 

Sounds like fun, huh?!?  Just to remind myself to stay motivated and why I am doing all this, I am adding a pic of my sweet little boy!

  Now do you all know why I want like15 more (not realistic, but you get the picture)!!!   Now I need to go out and find that doctor.....wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. what is the essential oil regime that you are on? I have to wait 3 months to finally see the endo and start on meds...I would like to do something to reduce the headaches now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post my essential oil regime on here tomorrow! Sorry, my basement flooded and it's been a crazy weekend/week so far, so I will get to it asap!!! I have the perfect thing for your headaches...It's zapped mine....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails