Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am clautrophobic

So a few weeks ago I went into one of these:

If any of you are claustrophobic, you know this is not fun!!!  I hate parking garages, elevators and mri machines.....that's pretty much the list of my claustrophobia places, so if you ever want to see me freak out just trick me into going into one of those three places.  I literally cried myself to sleep in the mri machine, but sleep was the only thing I could do since I have to hold absolutely still or I would have to do it again!!!  Any way, about a year and a half ago when we were trying to get pregnant I went through a ton of testing to find out what the problem was.  They diagnosed me with prolactinoma.  In a nutshell, it is a benign tumor on my pituitary gland that makes it over produce prolactin and makes my body think it is pregnant all the time.  So, back when I was diagnosed it was micro meaning less than 1 cm big.  Or in other words...not really a big deal.  I went on some medication to shrink it and was able to get pregnant....Well, now that we have had Tux my doc decided I needed to go back into that dreaded mri machine and get another scan.....

....Turns out this benign tumor has nearly doubled in size (macro or over a cm) and if it grows much bigger it may interfere w/ my optic chiasm (eyes) and I could go cross-eyed or blind.

Nisha thinks I'd be cute cross-eyed and that I should just let it get big :)  ha ha!
Anyway, I am going to see a neurosurgeon once I get all 9 lab results back (yes, that is 9 vials of my blood!!!!  Not fun) to see what the heck to do about this thing. Scottie gave me a blessing once we found out the mri results....I'm so grateful for my worthy priesthood holder.  Since then I've felt so at peace with it, I just know everything will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails