Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm breaking up w/ my obgyn...

I'm changing doctors....my last obgyn took a month to tell me the results of my last MRI.  I called at least twice a week and they never called me back, so finally I went in to have a chat with them about urgency and they had the results in 5 minutes and the doctor made ten minutes in the middle of a very busy day (the waiting room was full) to discuss the results with me.  Of course I had to make a stink to get that kind of service, but I was getting MAD!

This isn't the only problem we've had with this office.  Just last week we got a bill that we were not supposed to get.  We had talked to the billing many months earlier and they said they would make adjustments and that it would be taken care of.  Well, guess what?!?  They made a mistake, but would they admit it????? NO!  Of course not!  That would mean they wouldn't get the $187.63 that we don't owe them but now we do!?  Really?!?  Is this $187.63 really worth my loyal patronage?  I mean, I have all sorts of medical problems and I plan on having like 5 more kids!  It's not like they just see me once every other year for a pap smear!  Not to mention, I have 3 sister-in-laws that go to him.....they will get my take on all of my crappy experiences with this doc and staff and I guarantee they will be having more kids too!  I mean just between the 4 of us they will be missing out of tens of thousands of dollars!  I plan on telling everyone I know that goes to them of my experiences and anyone that asks "do you know of a good obgyn?"  I will say,"I know of a bad one that you definitely should not go to!"  I'm only 28 and most of my friends either don't have kids or are on their first of many.....they will not be going to my ex-obgyn.  Yep, I just broke up with them and it's their loss!!!

Now, time to search for the perfect obgyn....wish me luck.  If anyone know of a good one in the Idaho Falls area, let me know...I have a couple in mind, but we shall see.  I'm really not that picky, I just want someone who is on the ball (including their staff) and who lives up to their word and isn't creepy.  Is that too much to ask???

4 comments:

  1. That stinks that you've had a crappy doctor. If you were in southern Utah I could tell you of a few good ones. I was wondering what the herb your taking is called? I can't do anymore fertility treatment for a while and was thinking that it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Quit that OBGYN!

    I've gone through similar experiences and know how frustrating it can be. I recently wrote them down on my blog:

    http://incognitosoapboxconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/01/breaking-down-few-walls-part-ii.html

    Maybe you can take the lessons I learned the hard way, and advocate for your health in a much more efficient way than I could ever manage. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By-the-way, tomorrow on my blog, you are getting a blog award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, it's my first visit to your blog and I feel sorry about your obgyn, I'm actually not liking the way my own current pregnancy is being followed at the moment (by 4 obgyns) and was starting to contemplate a change for myself as well, so I can relate!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails