Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Essential Oils convention and eating better :(


I went to an essential oils convention a few weeks ago and learned soooooooooooooooooo much!  I learned alot about hormones, eating healthy and all sorts of good stuff!  I talked to Dr. Hill who is a medical doctor and also one of the most knowledgeable people about essential oils in the world!  I had talked to him before, but I wanted to ask him specifically about my prolactin levels and how they were plateauing.  He remembered me almost immediately (I know he talks to hundreds and maybe thousands of people a month!  I couldn't believe he remembered me as I had met him once several months ago...)  He asked about my baby (oh that's probably why :)  my babe is definitely one most people remember...he's just so cute) and my husband and proceeded to explain that I should cycle in other oils weekly that also have anti-tumor properties, but to keep taking the frankincense all the time as that one is the best.  So, i will be cycling in Wild Orange, Clove, Lavender, Sandlewood, Patchouli, and grapefruit!  As I do so, I will try to write about each on as i do research on them and explain what they have in them that will help me and stuff like that!  This week I am taking clove...so I will do research and fill you in on it :)



So the eating health part....I learned that tumors thrive on refined sugar and milk and stuff like that.  *tears*  I am a steak and potato girl.  I grew up on a farm and I love me some whole milk, homemade ice cream, and just good, homestyle fatty, sugary food!  There is no way I can just turn into some sort of health freak!  (ok, some of you are chuckling right now cuz you think I already am a healthy hippy chick who used oils and wears hemp and chaccos)  well, I do love my chaccos and I try to be earth friendly and pick litter up if I see it, but that is about as far as i go although, I am trying to be better!  (I really want a compost, but that will come once we are remodeled...etc)  Anyway, back to the food thing....if it don't taste good, I won't eat it.  If it don't taste good my hubby won't eat it...end of discussion.  So, here is what I am going to do.  We are going to eat as much raw fruits and veggies as possible (we really love those) and I am going to try to cook and eat mostly whole grains, no milk and cut out refined sugar as much as possible.  I am going to post the recipes that both of us like under a new thing-a-ma-bobber (the tab things at the top of my blog)  That way the gross recipes will never see the light of day and you can enjoy the things we enjoy!  We already have a couple of good ice cream recipes that are delicious!  So, yeah, trying to eat better.  I'll try to keep my enthusiasm for that part of my life safely contained on that new tab, thing-a-ma-bopper!  I don't think it will be too hard!

6 comments:

  1. Hey! This is very encouraging. I'm going to start using other oils, too. What do you mean by "cycling in?" Did Dr. Hill say how much other essential oil one should try to cycle in every week, and for how long or how often?

    In case anyone else is interested, there is another great therapeutic grade essential oil provider besides doTerra--Ananda Apothecary (http://www.anandaapothecary.com/). I decided to go with them because there was no way I could afford enough frankincense from doTerra to make a difference. Their oils are pure and strong. I can definitely tell that their frankincense smells and tastes cleaner than the ones I've tried before (though frankincense tastes pretty icky in general).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily!
    Cycling basically means I will take is for a week at a time and then start on a different one. Dr. Hill did not say how much to take. I will just take how much I feel I should. Have the oils helped you??? Do you know what kind of testing Ananda puts their oils through? If not, I will just email them :0) and yes, frankincense is icky :) haha! If you find some that isn't let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shy!
    I can't tell for sure if the oils have helped me yet or not; I haven't been on them for long, and I'm still taking bromocriptine to keep my tumor down until I feel like I've got a good regimen going. Haven't had a prolactin level in a while, either. But I do feel better in general when I take the frankincense (I put it in gel capsules to minimize the gross taste:) ).
    I'm not very knowledgeable about essential oils; I didn't even think to find out about the testing process with Ananda, but I was impressed when I read about the CO2 distillation process used with the frankincense, which is supposed to lift only the oil and then evaporate completely, making for very potent constituents. I'd ask them, though; I wrote to them before ordering the first time, and got a very thorough and helpful explanation of the CO2 process and the therapeutic value of their oils. Pretty sweet.:)
    Now to go order some orange and clove oil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, do you have an email where I can contact you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am taking bromocriptine and would like to taper off. Right now I am taking 1 1/2 pills a day to keep my cycle going. My endo wants my levels kept normal for 6 months before trying to go off meds, which is where your oils will come in handy. One question, are you still taking vitex? I will the balance and frankensence from dterra but will have to order some of the clove, lavendar and orange. How many drops will you be taking and will you also put on feet and forehead/temples too?
    thanks for all your help!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie!
    Wow, that is alot! to answer your question, I do not take vitex anymore. I haven't for nearly a year. I take 8 drops of the other 5 in a capsule, but I rotate them, so I take one one week and then another the next week. I don't put them on my feet and forehead. I do diffuse the wild orange quite often during the week all the time to reduce stress though! Feel free to email me any other questions. My email is hyperprolactinoma@gmail.com . I usually respond much quicker via email. Also, if you are interested I can tell you how you can get 25% or more off your doterra order! email me and let me know :) Good luck and I can't wait to hear the results! Frankincense is an enhancer as well as everything else, so I feel like when I take Frank with my cabergoline is reduces my prolactin much faster than it would otherwise...It also helps reduce the side effects.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails