Monday, November 8, 2010

This may be Too Much Info(TMI)...so if you are afraid of the word PERIOD (not . ) you ought to skip this one

Wow, that was a long title, but I though the guys out there should be warned (and maybe some of the girls too).  I figure that most of you know quite a bit about me, so why not just spill some more....so here we go.  So, as you all know, I have been anxiously awaiting "Aunt Flo" or as my mom calls it "George".  Anyway, she came!  So, her goes my timeline and my anxieties and my thoughts....feedback is encouraged!


I went off cabergoline almost a month ago and was sorta bummed that my period hadn't shown up.  So, i had heard from one of my friends that my body probably needed a good cleanse followed my a good probiotic.  So, I went ahead and started a cleanse called GX assist that I got from doTERRA.  It's basically a natural antibiotic made from essential oils that gave my innards a good scrub.  Two days later I STARTED OVULATING!!!  It was amazing!!!( After the GX assist I did use PB assist which ith is a probiotic that replenishes the good stuff.) Needless to say, I was tickled.  Then less then a week later came Aunt Flo.  (This was about a week ago).  Isn't it supposed to take longer????  It's been years since I cycled, but I thought it should take about 2 weeks...right?  Anyway, I got super anxious and worried that maybe something else is wrong with me....maybe a progesterone deficiency???  So, once I was done feeling happy/worried/anxious/thinking worst case scenarios I thought back on the timeline and decided that if the cleanse is what jump started me then I am probably just fine.  I really think that my cycle started due to the cleanse and NOT due to a build up in estrogen.  Therefore, I would not have as much progesterone in my system and my period would start much sooner than normal.  Does this make sense to anyone but me or am I just making stuff up to make myself feel better???   Any thoughts???

So, I don't want anyone to think I am complaining because I am not....I am SUPER EXCITED to be "fertile" again and I hope that baby # 2 is in the near future.....wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. I think everything is ok. It's your first period back after quite some time! A woman's cycle can be really unpredictable, especially if your body is just getting back into the swing of things! I think it would be a good idea to chart your cycle for a few months (unless you get pregnant), and see if it normalizes.

    Also, when you have high prolactin levels, don't you have low estrogen levels (and vice versa?). Due to our condition, I highly doubt you have a buildup of estrogen.

    -Timery

    ReplyDelete
  2. hanks Timery :) I think I am ok now and not stressing anymore...just letting nature take it's course and I'm sure my body will get back into the swing of things soon. Yes, estrogen is lower when our prolactin levels are high...I'm hopin' it is all getting back on track though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails